Friday, February 2, 2024

Music Marketing Blog Post #2

Working on this Music Marketing Project has been an eye-opening experience. As I mentioned in Post #1, my group and I deeply researched the genre given to us before starting. Familiarizing ourselves with the Pop practices in distribution, marketing, and style helped us create an outline for the task at hand. Our brainstorming began with plot points for our storytelling in the music video and techniques to add promotional clips of the band. Since the music video was going to be our introduction to the world (along with the song), we focused on that first. We worked on subjects in order of when they were to come up in our marketing campaign. It mimicked how we would feel being in the middle of those moments.


I unfortunately did not take part in the music video filming. I was in New York. Still, until the moment I left, I was helping out in thinking of camera shots and angles and editing techniques to make the video the most visually appealing. Even while in New York during my free time, I had started production on our groups Canva presentation for our marketing campaign. It was not ideal, but I believe we made the most out of our situation. 



Our Canva presentation was well rounded in showcasing different aspects such as our target audience and our distribution methods, but I am particularly proud of our social media slides and how we seek to gain exposure. Our slides show how we plan to use Youtube, Tik Tok, Instagram, and more sites to make our band be seen and heard everywhere. It is important to mention the impact that social media would have to our fans, since many of them would be made up of teenagers. 



Julia noted Ed Sheeran's rise into fame, and we plan to use his same old passion of going to outlets and venues and spreading the word about our band through concerts. I thought of how popular it is for people to turn songs into a different genre completely. I inputted how we could start pop-up acoustic performances of our tech-EDM songs to invite listeners of different genres like folk and pop.



As we prepare to submit our project, we each recorded voice memos to be included to piece the presentation from beginning to end. I am very confident that our presentation shows how our song, marketing, distribution, and band stays true to our genre and is different enough to spark a big hit for the band.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection