Wednesday, March 27, 2024

CCR Progression: Time Travel

As a reminder, I am planning to do a time travel reflection and a podcast part for my CCR.

After a quick Party City run, I got myself everything I need to transform into the most drastic character I'll need to be for this CCR: Old Man Joey. The video will start on Old Man Joey meeting the viewer traveling to his time in a time machine (we'll ignore how/why the viewer got into his room). Old Man Joey will send the viewer back to crucial times during my process making the AICE Media final. These could include:

  • February: The beginning of the whole process. Discuss research in genre conventions. Discuss which conventions I embraced and discuss representation.
  • March: Approach to production. Reflect on how the process evolved throughout the production. 
  • April: Editing. Explain how I integrated technologies into the project. (All types - hardware, software, Blogger, etc.)
It'll probably end with Old Man Joey giving a final statement. 

The February segment would reference my "Choosing and Representing a Genre" blog post from Feburary. I would explain what I meant by a "Dramedy" and go into the details about how I balanced a serious and humorous tone. Here, I could go more into how I was inspired by the Soul opening, but how my final piece still differed greatly from it. I could also explain how I tried to recreate the dull feeling of the opening of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I could even incorporate my "Genre Research Activity" blog post from November of 2023. Overall, I didn't really challenge much of the genre's conventions

The March segment would take place during the week of me filming and beginning to edit. I could mention the troubles I had during the day of filming. I would mention how I got my actors to be in the film (and how so many of them dropped it). I could explain how I found locations for the two scenes of the opening and discuss how I confirmed them. Additionally, I would go into depth about how bad it was I started my whole process with a filming technique (the one-shot) instead of starting with the story.

The April segment would happen after I'm done with the final product. By then, I would have used all the technology I would need to create the opening and I could elaborate on it all. I would highlight the softwares I used, including Blogger, Adobe Premiere Pro, iMovie, and InShot. I would also explain why my phone was the only hardware I needed to film the piece.

Of course, my younger selves in all these time traveling wouldn't know how all his ideas came to be in the end. Still, it would be treated as though he was very determined and he knew that nothing would change throughout the process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection